Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Babies are In Oklahoma!

Silly to say, but each of my paintings is like a child to me - I create it and give birth to it, and then send it out into the world in hopes that it will make a difference in the lives of others. I believe that art heals - it connects something on the inside of all of us. Like architecture and interior design, the artwork that we have around us can significantly influence the way we feel on a day to day basis. Research into the design of hospitals and the effect of the environment on patients and staff demonstrates that our surroundings have a clear impact on the effectiveness with which treatment and care is both delivered and received. A grouping of my "Outside of the Box" paintings are now part of the Oklahoma Heart Hospital's collection in Oklahoma City. If they give even one person a moment of calm and quietude, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment