Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dogs and Art


First I wanted to send a big "thank you" to everyone who came to the art show in Naples this past weekend. Several of my paintings were adopted and I'm grateful to have my work in your collections!

I'm now back in my studio varnishing some paintings for an upcoming show at the Webb School in Knoxville, Tennessee. Pictured here is a painting I'll be taking to the show entitled "In Bloom I". (You can view the sister piece on my website.)

My dog Ruby is a constant companion in my art studio. Adopted from a pet rescue group (see: http://www.secondchancedogs.org/) more than 9 years ago, she charms all who meet her with good looks, soft fur, and awkward dancing (this wiggly thing she does with her butt). I'm still hopeful she'll eventually learn how to hold a brush to assist me in the studio. Sadly the vet told us this week that Ruby's glaucoma has advanced - she will have surgery next week to remove her disease-stricken eye. Here's a photo of her at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment