Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hello Fall

Cat with her parents
The weather is finally cooling off here in the Atlanta area and for me my energy is renewed. There is much to be grateful for. I do my best to live in the moment (not always easy, to be sure). The art walk at my studio last week was wonderful! There were lots of people browsing and buying art, and I had some amazing conversations with folks about the importance of beauty in our lives. Treating yourself well, and surrounding yourself with what makes you happy - - pretty simply ideas but too often ignored.

My parents visited over Labor Day weekend and we had a blast! I'm lucky, I know. So many of my friends have lost their parents or their parents don't come to visit them.

I painted in my studio most of Labor Day and reflected on how much there is to be grateful for.

Art is the river that runs through my life. I drink from it as often as I can to refresh myself.”  - Loretta Marvel

No comments:

Post a Comment