Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Top 5 Things I'm Thankful For

"As Above, So Below I", 48"x36"
©2013  Cat Tesla
The sun is peeking through the clouds and it's Saturday. I just put the final touches on a couple of paintings and I'm almost done packing for a trip over Thanksgiving. Things are winding down for the year and it's nice to catch up on life.

I've heard recent news of friends diagnosed with serious illnesses, friends whose lives aren't going the way they want or as fast as they want, and others facing loss.

As I reflect on the year so far and my life as an artist, it's really the simple things that I'm most grateful for. The actual list would be much much longer, but here are the top 5 things I'm thankful for:

  • the love of my husband and family (and their patience :)
  • my friends and their amazing selves (where would I be without them?!)
  • a roof over my head and a studio to paint in
  • my health and the health of my family and friends (without your health, nothing much else matters)
  • the amazing Ruby, our very old, mostly blind, mostly deaf dog, who continues to give love because that's all she knows
Here's wishing you peace and blessings for Thanksgiving,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment