Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Top 10 Things Overheard in My Art Booth in 2016



Just when I think the past year couldn't possibly be topped, the things people say at art shows continue to amaze me!

(Insert drumroll here). . . here are my "top ten" conversations, questions, and comments overheard in my art booth in 2016:

1.  My wife would have you bring the entire van full of art over to the house, but then I’d need a bank loan.
2.  Are these jewelry boxes? (asking about my “Outside of the Box” series)
3.  I’m looking for the scruffy guy with the beard who does wood sculpture.
4.  You look like your work - soft and beautiful.
5.  Were you having a stroke or causing a stroke when you painted this one?
6.  You gotta love an artist who has the guts to do this.
7.  These are just stunning, Cat! Yours is the only card I took from the show.
8. You’re not afraid of color, are you?
9.  That looks like what will be at the pearly gates.
10.  You’re a nice looking couple; maybe you can get a job at this show?

2 comments:

  1. Well Cat, #4 should cancel out the bad ones. And I will own #8 for my work. Hope your having a great season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Made me chuckle/laugh/wince

    ReplyDelete